I get asked this a lot… ‘What are the best combinations for my diffuser?!’ I’ve been testing a bunch of essential oil diffuser recipes and here’s what I LOVE:
- Elevation – This is my absolute favorite oil to put in the diffuser in the morning. The combination of euphoric scents helps elevate mood, promote feelings of confidence and gives you that extra boost of energy in the morning. Get ready to jump out of bed and say ‘Rise and Shine!’
- Grapefruit and Ylang Ylang – If you love the smell of lilies in your home, then this one is for you! The Grapefruit helps balance out the strong smell of Ylang Ylang and when combined, creates a wonderful aroma of fresh cut lilies. Ylang Ylang may also help sex drive problems – so perhaps keep this one for the bedroom ;)
- Lemon and Peppermint – This combination is known to help combat confusion. Try this one in your diffuser while working or studying to keep a clear head while concentrating. It’s also great for purifying the air. This has a very fresh and ‘just cleaned’ scent.’
- Wild Orange and Peppermint – Need to feel invigorated? Try these two delicious scents together. The Wild Orange has a calming effect and may help nervousness when diffused, while the peppermint leaves a fresh and purifying scent in the air.
Oh… and for your furry friends – Adding Wild Orange and Peppermint in your diffuser during a thunderstorm may help your dogs stay calm.
- Serenity and Balance – I sometimes joke that this is ‘Liquid Ambien’ :) Don’t drink it though… Just put a few 2 -3 drops of each in the diffuser to calm and soothe stress and anxious feelings.
- Marjoram, Geranium, and Wild Orange – This is probably my favorite essential oil diffuser recipe at the moment. Every time I combine these 3 essential oils together in the diffuser, I feel like I’ve just been transported to a field of fresh cut flowers. Add 3 drops of Marjoram, 2 drops of Geranium and 1 drop of Wild Orange.
Tip! Essential oils are in their purest form, so therefore ARE VERY STRONG AND POTENT. You only need about 2 – 3 drops in your diffuser for a small space and about 5 – 6 drops if you are in a room that is bigger than 300 sq ft.
Wondering what kind of diffuser to use? ALWAYS go for a cold-mist diffuser. If you heat up an essential oil, then you can burn off the therapeutic properties.
I recommend doTERRA’s Petal Diffuser. It works in rooms up to 300 sq ft and is so simple to use and clean.
Have any other suggestions for oil combinations in the diffuser? Leave me a comment below.